Green Heating and Cooling

Green Heating and CoolingAC Repair & Service for Charleston & Summerville

Environmentally Friendly HVAC

WE CAN SERVICE & REPAIR ALL MAJOR HVAC BRANDS

HVAC Company CharlestonGo Green, Save Money, Be Environmentally Friendly
In addition to increased energy efficiency, a new home comfort system can also make less of an environmental impact. Older heating and cooling systems not up to currentSEER:(seasonal energy efficiency ratio) , HSPF(Heating Seasonal Performance Factor) or AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) standards waste energy, create a bigger carbon footprint and ultimately, end up costing you more money. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to maximize your home’s efficiency while also being environmentally friendly.

Look at your current energy bills to identify inefficiencies. Or use our energy savings calculator to help you decide if your current system should be replaced.

What is SEER? How does it apply to the energy efficiency of air conditioners?

The efficiency of central air conditioning units is governed by U.S. law and regulated by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). Every air conditioning unit is assigned an efficiency rating known as its “seasonal energy efficiency ratio” (SEER). The SEER is defined as the total cooling output (in British thermal units or BTU) provided by the unit during its normal annual usage period divided by its total energy input (in watt-hours) during the same period.

AFUE or Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency Heating systems consume approximately 35% to 50% of a typical homes energy budget. Therefore the government has come up with a way to measure efficiencies of furnaces so the can set a standard for minimum efficiencies. The definition of AFUE is: AFUE Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency. AFUE is a rating that reflects how efficient a gas furnace converts fuel to energy. A gas furnace with an AFUE of 95 means that approximately 95 percent of the fuel is utilized to provide warmth to your home, while the remaining 10 percent flows up the flue and into the atmosphere. Therefore you are actually using 95% of the fuel you are paying for and the other 5% is being wasted up the flue vent.

Purchase equipment with an ENERGY STAR® label. High-efficiency systems reduce your impact on the environment and can also save you money. You may also be eligible for a Federal Tax Credit. Check with your local NATE contractor to determine qualifying models.

Have your NATE-certified technician help you with proper system selection and sizing for your home or business.

Compare the SEER or AFUE of your cooling or heating system with newer models. If it’s below 13, you may want to consider a new, more efficient system. Remember, the higher the rating, the less wasted energy and reduced carbon footprint. Use our energy savings calculator to help determine the efficiency of your current cooling or heating system as compared to a more efficient HVAC system.

Look into geothermal heating systems. By using the earth’s natural heat, these systems are among the most efficient and energy-conserving heating and cooling technologies currently available.

Have your system serviced regularly for optimal performance. Change your air filters monthly.

Use of a humidifier during colder months not only adds moisture to your home, but it can actually make it feel warmer. In turn, you’ll be more apt to lower your thermostat—saving money and consuming less energy.

Ceiling fans can help delay or reduce the need for air conditioning.

Make sure your new air conditioner uses environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant. It’s not only better for the environment, but by 2010 will replace all other air conditioner refrigerants.

Plant more trees on your property. By doing so, the shade it gives off will make your home feel cooler in the warmer months. In addition to climate control, trees also improve air quality.

Install a programmable thermostat to keep temperatures regulated all year long.

Make sure your home is properly insulated—drafty windows and doors waste energy.

Please call us today to help resolve ways to lower your energy costs….

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail
Fields marked with an * are required

Get In Touch

Heil Preferred HVAC Contractor

We Are A Preferred HEIL
HVAC Contractor

@ 2016 Air Concept Solutions LLC